Forms of hosting services
A hosting service implies stockpiling and/or sharing particular content on a web server hosted by a web hosting supplier. There are different classes of hosting services used for various goals, so let's have a glance at them. In that way, you can decide what you need, on the basis of whether you'd like to launch a weblog, emails, or to share files with pals and associates.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by some vendors, which enables you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole function is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a register of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free file hosting accounts are often supported by displaying ads beside the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a specific stretch of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file hosting account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly untrue interpretation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would apportion the workload between autonomous stacks of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous web space hosting services (email, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a brand of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; certain distributors offer a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting brand is appropriate if you wish to share an immense quantity of images with chums or acquaintances since the service is usually free of charge. You will receive a randomly generated link for every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- Email hosting: a service committed to taking care of your email box accounts. Some firms offer site hosting solutions for websites, but do not supply an email hosting service. If you wish to create an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to run a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can open email mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video clip brings about a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with several videos and several hundred site visitors, you may have a hard time with your web space hosting reserves. Embedding the video will permit you to own as many video files as you want to without bothering about system supplies.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you need if you wish to own a site. To some extent, it involves all of the abovementioned hosting varieties since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can have databases and mails, upload video files, etc. At Hostomedia, for example, you can take a look at web hosting and dedicated server hosting services that allow you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in one single place. There may be restrictions based on the form of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web page hosting package may be better or worse juxtaposed to the typical email/file/video/image hosting packages that are conceived for specific content exclusively.